Voltages and Power in Pinball Machines
This section is about some general electric details in pinball machines.
FAST Pinball has full wiring guides for pinball machines built on their platforms. It is very comprehensive and covers all aspects of wiring. Even if you're not using FAST Pinball hardware, it's a great resource to learn about wiring & safety in pinball machines. (All of their wiring guides aim to teach people how to build machines that would pass UL listing, FCC, and CE certifications.)
- FAST Pinball full set of wiring guides (~30 guides) for Neuron-powered machines
- FAST Pinball guide to choosing power supplies for pinball machines
- FAST Pinball guide to wire types and gauges
- FAST Pinball guide to wire crimping
- FAST Pinball guide to pinball ground and grounding
Video series on pinball wiring
In 2021, Jan Kantert recorded a 6-part video series on pinball machine wiring:
Something missing or wrong? You can fix it!
This website is edited by people like you! Is something wrong or missing? Is something out of date, or can you explain it better?
Please help us! You can fix it yourself and be an official "open source" contributor!
It's easy! See our Beginner's guide to editing the docs.
Page navigation via the keyboard: < >
You can navigate this site via the keyboard. There are two modes:
General navigation, when search is not focused:
- F , S , / : open search dialog
- P , , : go to previous page
- N , . : go to next page
While using the search function:
- Down , Up : select next / previous result
- Esc , Tab : close search
- Enter : go to highlighted page in the results