MPF 0.57 changes (current "dev" branch)
The dev branch of MPF is now v0.57. (Technically
0.57.0.dev8 as of this writing, though the dev version number changes frequently.)
Big changes in 0.57
- Add support for Python 3.10 and 3.11 (3.8 and 3.9 are still supported. 3.7 might work but is no longer being tested)
- Changes the YAML interface to remove "hacks" we added years ago. Now MPF supports the pure YAML spec.
- This requires some changes (not too bad) to your config files.
- Config files are now
- Show files are now
- Removed the config file migrator (hasn't been used in years)
- Completely overhauled FAST Pinball platform interface, with support for the FAST Neuron Controller and Expansion Boards
How to install MPF dev / 0.57
The installation packages have been published, so you can install via
pip just like how you install MPF. Just add the
--pre flag to install the pre-release version:
pip install mpf --pre
If you want to install a new version of Python (like 3.11), you can, and run it side-by-side your existing version. Then you can access Python 3.11 and pip for Python 3.11 via
pip3.11 install mpf --pre
MPF Monitor has been updated also
The dev branch of MPF Monitor is now 0.57.0.devXX as well. You can install it via
pip with the
--pre flag as well.
pip install mpf-monitor --pre
MPF-MC is having issues with 0.57. Can you help?
We tried to update MPF-MC to 0.57, but as of Sept 20, 20023, it's having issues building. (It has to do with Cython.) There's an open issue on GitHub with details if you can help!
Upgrading to MPF 0.57
Here's what it will take to upgrade to MPF 0.57:
- If you're on Python 3.7, you'll need to update.
- If you're on Python 3.8 or 3.9, you do not have to change your Python version.
- If you want, you can use Python 3.10 or 3.11.
- Update your config files to config_version 6
YAML changes in MPF 0.57 / config version 6
Since MPF 0.57 removes the older YAML hacks we did years ago, you will need to update your config files. Because this is a config file change, MPF 0.57 moves from
The full guide to how to update your config files is here
Something missing or wrong? You can fix it!
This website is edited by people like you! Is something wrong or missing? Is something out of date, or can you explain it better?
Please help us! You can fix it yourself and be an official "open source" contributor!
It's easy! See our Beginner's guide to editing the docs.
Page navigation via the keyboard: < >
You can navigate this site via the keyboard. There are two modes:
General navigation, when search is not focused:
- F , S , / : open search dialog
- P , , : go to previous page
- N , . : go to next page
While using the search function:
- Down , Up : select next / previous result
- Esc , Tab : close search
- Enter : go to highlighted page in the results